Studio BONES, a anime studio known for Rahxephon, both adaptations of Fullmetal Alchemist and Eureka Seven is working on a new show called STAR DRIVER (Full title: Star Driver Kagayaki no Takuto (Shining Takuto?*))
So far, the story is about a kid named Takuto, who pilots a robot name Taubaan. A robot with reaaly long, boney fingers.
I was kinda interested about the project, being that this is a BONES project and a mecha show.
Then I saw the creative lineup and got really excited.
Said lineup includes:
– Director: Takuya Igarashi (Sailor Moon, Ouran High School Club, Soul Eater)
– Screenwriter: Yoki Enokido (Sailor Moon S, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Rahxephon)
– Character Design: Yoshiyuki Ito (Fullmetal Alchemist (Series 1), Cowboy Bebop: the Movie, Rahxephon)
– Music: Satoru Kosaki (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, other KyoAni productions)
Basically the staff roster includes a few industry vets who have worked on major anime hits from the 90’s up to today, plus a few people who have worked on BONES’s own hit projects.
Also, BONES is known for doing shows that have a emphasis on storytelling, while maintaining a distinctive visual edge. I’m gonna keep tabs on this until it airs, before I give any judgement. At least for now, it has promise.
– The July issue of Newtype
– This ANN Article
* Shining Takuto was what I got when I ran the title through Google Trans. Don’t take my word for it.)