Episode 1: “Ginga Bishounen (Galactic Pretty Boy)”
Director: Yoshiyuki Asai
Script: Youji Enokido
Wako is not amused and while telling him not to do that anymore, she notices another boy on the beach.
Sure enough, another boy is laying unconscious on the ground. Sensing that the boy is dying, she administers CPR to him.
Wako and Sugata walk in the room. As Sugata introduces himself to the boy, he and Wako stare at each other, which only gets interrupted by her stomach growling.
When Takuto comments about her betrothal to Sugata, Sugata comments that while it’s his family’s custom to marry a maiden, he believes in today’s times, one should be free to pursue thier own love. He’s aware of Wako’s interest in Takuto, yet he was inviting Takuto to dinner anyway.
She meets up with George and Tetsuya and salutes them, addressing each other as the Holy Order of Glittering Stars.
The man overseeing the operation proclaims that this will usher in a new age. He then strikes the Maiden with the Star Sword Diamant
By breaking the Shrine Maiden’s seal, they can connect the Cybercasket to the Cybody.
When Takuto sees George and Tetsuya carrying a unconscious Wako into the mine, he blows his cover. After a short fight, he’s knocked out by George.
Takuto finally wakes up and tries to rescue Wako (While still tied up). However, since he doesn’t possess the special mask that the members of the Glittering Stars wear, he cannot follow them as they enter Zero Time, along with George and the Alephist.
– Much better than I expected. Never would have expected so many Magical Girl tropes would fit seamlessly in a robot show.
– The show is well animated, even for BONES standards.
– Unless you read some promo materials, the second half of the episode will confuse viewers.
– The art design for the show is very Utena-esque, and very colorful. It’s nice to see a production placing a empahsis on color, compared to the more drab color design that I’ve been seeing for most shows this season alone.
– As the fourth lead role that I ‘ve seen Mamoru Miyano cast in, Takuto might be the best fit for him, due to sheer amounts hot bloodedness and Takuto’s jovial personality.
——- THE VERDICT ——-